As a brand, we strive to create wearable luxury by using premium materials to craft our footwear.
When using high quality natural materials, there are a few more steps to take to ensure that your footwear lasts to its full lifespan.
The following care guidelines are to provide information on how to care for and better understand your shoes, but for full professional repair and treatment of your shoes please consult a reputable shoe repairer or cobbler of choice.
In order to keep your La Tribe footwear in good condition, we recommend following the below quick care guidelines:
- Keep the leather area clean and dry using a dry soft cloth.
- Always store your footwear away from light and heat.
- Protect your leather goods from moisture and rain.
- Store footwear in the dust bag provided to you when not in use.
- Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces such as sand.
- Avoid contact with solvents, perfumes, acids, salts, fake tan, sunscreens, chlorine.
GENERAL LEATHER CARE
Invest in a good quality leather conditioner. Keeping the leather well-conditioned helps the leather stay supple and hydrated, as well as buffing away any minor knicks or scratches. We suggest taking the time with a little maintenance on your leather shoes to help them last a lifetime.
WRAPPED LEATHER SOLES E.G POOL SLIDES
Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces such as sand, salt as this will erode the leather.
Avoid contact with solvents, acids, salts, fake tan, sunscreens, chlorine as this will erode the leather.
STRETCHED LEATHER SOLES
Using a stretched leather sole provides a luxurious finish and being a natural material allows the foot to breath during wear. Please note that as this is more of a luxe material, it is softer, and more care is to be taken. These are not suitable for heavy duty wear.
The rubber soled styles are more suitable for heavier duty wear. This high performance material is waterproof, less likely to slip and provides a comfortable, durable wear on harder surfaces.
These styles should avoid water as this may cause soles to de-laminate which will not be covered under warranty. If your shoes do get wet, take care when drying and do not use a heat source to dry them. Dry in a well ventilated, airy location and not in direct sunlight.
LEATHER COVERED HEELS
Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces such sand, gravel, grass in stiletto heels.
A good quality stiletto heel cover will protect the heel when wearing them at outdoor events.
Always store suede in dust bag provided to prevent sun fade and marking.
Re-dye black suede using a high-quality suede dye. Follow instructions carefully or consult your local shoe repair store to ensure this process is done with care.
All of our suede shoes and boots come pre-sprayed with waterproofing. This helps prevent water marks and general staining, for more extensive suede care we suggest consulting your local shoe repair for any advice they may have on the best products to use to protect your suede shoes.
Every pair of Studded Sandals comes with two spare studs, keep these in a safe place in case you ever need a replacement.
Please take care with perfumes, salt, sunscreens, solvents, moisturisers and fake tan. These products will cause the metal hardware to discolour and erode over time.
Our Cashmere Bed Socks are designed as bed socks only, due to the delicate nature of the fabric we advise not to wear them with any type of footwear which include slippers as the materials can rub together causing holes to occur.
Cold hand wash only, do not wring or twist, lay flat to dry.
Our costume earrings are 925 sterling silver plated with 18 carat gold. Please note that wear and tear on these items are not covered under warranty so please take care.
Here are some handy tips on caring for your La Tribe jewellery:
- Avoid applying perfumes or other products directly onto the skin whilst wearing your jewellery. Perfumes and lotions can cause discolouration and fading.
- Oils, solvents, perfumes, and chlorine can cause plated jewellery to tarnish. Please take care when applying and avoid direct contact with your La Tribe jewellery. This also goes for sweat and fake tan. We suggest removing gold plated jewellery when exercising, swimming, and showering.
- Clean jewellery with soft cloths to remove any dust or dirt – this will also help restore shine to your pieces.
- Avoid jewellery cleaners or abrasive and antibacterial soaps, these chemicals can cause tarnishing on gold plated pieces.
- To avoid scratching your pieces, store in La Tribe dust bags that come with your jewellery.
Please read care guide carefully to ensure your La Tribe pieces live a long and happy life. Please note that general wear and tear is not covered under warranty so follow care instructions. If you have any further questions, we would love to hear from you.